Thursday, April 11, 2013

Ipad, Guitar, Book Birthday Cake

I don't really know what to call this cake, but it was REALLY fun to make!  (I think I always say that about my cakes.)  The request included a guitar (with Gibson included), an Ipad or computer, and some sort of teasing effect about turning 30.  Well, this is what evolved.  And I have to say, all the meaning and thought that was put into this cake is what was the best part.  

 After making the cake I found out Gibson is the name of the couple's little baby boy who passed away.  It really made my day to make them something that had such a tender meaning!  It also made me really think and appreciate the five beautiful, healthy children I've been blessed with.  Life is so precious!
 The book I was fashioning after.
 Close up of the icons on the Ipad.  April 9th is his birthday, thus the 9 for the date!
Really a fun, unique cake.  I'm so glad I got to be part of such a thoughtful gift from a loving wife to her amazing husband!  Happy Birthday, Todd!
Oh, and the flavor?  Peanut butter fudge brownie texture cake, with creaming peanut butter fudge frosting and Reeces' Peanut Butter cups and hot fudge filling!  It SMELLED SO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment